Starbucks: A necessity for every college student
Kean students eagerly waiting to place their orders. Christy Petillo
An ad for Starbucks' new drink, the Blonde Roast. Christy Petillo
As many Kean students already know Starbucks coffee is a fundamental necessity for any hard working college student. The Starbucks on campus is a hotspot for Kean students who are eager to receive a much needed caffeine boost before class.
Every morning around nine a.m., Starbucks is packed to the brim with people who desire a warm frappuccino or a delightful apple fritter.
"Our staff is trained really well. They have muscle memory, but the long line seems overwhelming," Starbucks' Supervisor, Diane DeMeo, said. "The line never seems to stop in the morning."
Thankfully, Starbucks has a dream team staff that makes hectic mornings run a little more smoothly. Willy, Elieth, Ana, Sayra and Dwayne can be found working behind the counter Monday through Thursday.
"They are great at communicating and working together," DeMeo said.
The dream team will especially come in handy once Starbucks introduces its new drink to the menu— the Blonde Roast—which is a lighter roasted coffee for those students who think Starbucks coffee is a little too strong.
Whether your preference is a Blonde Roast, a latte or a frappuccino, one thing most college students can agree with is that a visit to Starbucks is a must before a busy day of classes.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?