Kean University still requires improvement in Standards 7 and 14, and new Standard 12
Middle States reported on April 13 that Kean University has made "remarkable strides" in both Standard 7 and 14, but it is "not yet in compliance" with the two standards.
Middle States also reviewed Standard 12, the General Education curriculum, and reported that it requires improvement.
University Relations sent an e-mail to all Kean students informing them on the matter:
Middle States Update from Dr. Jeffrey Toney
The Middle States Visiting Team today completed its work on Standards 7 and 14 and issued an oral report to the campus community. The two-member team commended the entire campus community on the progress made in developing and implementing systems for the assessment of institutional effectiveness and assessment of student learning. They noted the University is not yet in compliance with these two standards, but has made remarkable strides in both areas.
The team provided several suggestions, recommendations and requirements to assist the University in its effort to comply with standards 7 and 14. As we approach the halfway point of the two-year period to bring the university into compliance, it is important to note the progress that we have made and to acknowledge all of the work performed by countless individuals from all units on campus. Your tireless efforts have been invaluable. I offer my gratitude to each and every one of you.
During the visiting team's time on campus, members also reviewed and identified areas that require improvement in our General Education curriculum. I look forward to receiving the visiting team's report in the coming days and utilizing it to strengthen this integral component of a liberal arts education.
I am confident that our ongoing efforts on assessment will further enhance student learning as we continue on our path of becoming a world-class university.
The Tower will keep students and faculty members posted by updating any new information regarding Middle States.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor