Kean Football Still Undefeated After West Connecticut Victory
The Kean Cougar football program seems to be taking off this season. The Cougars headed to Western Connecticut State and defeated them 44-33 Saturday in a high-scoring affair.
The Cougars racked up 544 yards of total offense against the Colonials. This time Kean was able to run a balanced run, pass attack against the defense which was the first time this season Kean broke 100 yards rushing as they were able to rush for 270 yards.
Running back Chris Dimico ran for 195 yards and scored two touchdowns in the game. His first touchdown came in the second quarter when he ran for a one-yard touchdown to put Kean up 13-6. Then he put the Cougars up 37-20 in the fourth quarter with a six-yard touchdown run.
Thomas D'Ambrizi was able to pass for 284 yards and two touchdowns while completing 23 of the 38 passes that he threw during the game. But, D'Ambrizi threw two interceptions Saturday. One, he threw to Colonials sophomore corner back Tom Lacey and the other was to defensive captain Greg Galasso.
However, the Cougars should have focused more on closing out the game. Their defense allowed Western Connecticut State to score 20 points in the fourth quarter alone while only giving up 13 points the rest of the game. This is something coach Garret will have to address as they prepare for The College of New Jersey September 30.
Next week's game will be under the lights at Alumni Field. TCNJ will be coming into the game undefeated like Kean. This game is a huge conference game especially since Kean is nationally ranked.
Kean is 4-2 against the Lions in the past six years. The Cougars lost to the Lions last year 7-0 in the final minute of the game. This is going to be a great game to watch as it seems it may have conference title implications on the line.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor