Faculty votes 94 percent "no confidence" in Board of Trustees
A 94 percent majority of Kean faculty members voted "no confidence" in the leadership of the Board of Trustees in a recent anonymous survey.
The American Arbitration Association (AAA) conducted the ballot from April 24 to May 11. Instructions were mailed to the homes of 313 eligible full-time faculty members and librarians. A turnout of 66 percent of voters-207 faculty members-responded.
The results show 194 of participants voting no confidence and only 12 that support the leadership of the Board of Trustees.
The results are even more disparate than the 83 percent vote of "no confidence" in the leadership President Dawood Farahi.
"This vote shows that our faculty and librarians have lost faith in the Trustees' willingness or ability to perform their basic oversight duties," said James Castiglione, president of the Kean Federation of Teachers. "They have allowed university management to exercise unchecked power and to evade any accountability."
These results come after the Board of Trustees voted in March to back Farahi despite resume inaccuracies.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
- Where the Jobs Are: Why Relocating May Be the Best Option
- Value of Education Brings Success Among Unique Student...
- Is Faith Really a Good Thing?
- Are Workers Taking Enough Time to Understand Their...
- Save Now With Proven High-Efficiency Gas Wall-Hung Boiler
- Some Jobs Really Are a Pain in the Back
- Are Your Investments Doomed by Overfunded Public Markets?
- Straighten Up if You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Leading Digital Strategists Transform Digital Marketing In Business and Academia
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR TO VISIT SEVEN CAMPUSES ACROSS THE COUNTRY, ENGAGING STUDENTS TO COMBAT DISCRIMINATION AND DATING ABUSE
- OH HONEY ARE “SINCERELY YOURS” WITH NEW EP // HONDA CIVIC TOUR
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services wants you to help “Drive Our Future”
- Bring Snoop Dogg to Your College Campus