Faculty votes 94 percent "no confidence" in Board of Trustees
A 94 percent majority of Kean faculty members voted "no confidence" in the leadership of the Board of Trustees in a recent anonymous survey.
The American Arbitration Association (AAA) conducted the ballot from April 24 to May 11. Instructions were mailed to the homes of 313 eligible full-time faculty members and librarians. A turnout of 66 percent of voters-207 faculty members-responded.
The results show 194 of participants voting no confidence and only 12 that support the leadership of the Board of Trustees.
The results are even more disparate than the 83 percent vote of "no confidence" in the leadership President Dawood Farahi.
"This vote shows that our faculty and librarians have lost faith in the Trustees' willingness or ability to perform their basic oversight duties," said James Castiglione, president of the Kean Federation of Teachers. "They have allowed university management to exercise unchecked power and to evade any accountability."
These results come after the Board of Trustees voted in March to back Farahi despite resume inaccuracies.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?