Students deserve a statement
Regardless of whether or not the accusations against the university president are true, students deserve an explanation.
Obviously while the investigation is ongoing we don't expect a full report of the ins and outs of the investigation, but the student population deserves a statement from the school administration.
Many of the students are only aware of the "Dawood Debacle" through what others have told them-leading to misinformation and further speculation.
The student body should be respected enough for us to be acknowledged in the matter.
In addition to the fact that no statements have been directed to the students regarding the president's credentials, at an emergency Board of Trustees meeting that was expected to be the final decision-maker in the entire situation, the Trustees reviewed in a closed executive session for more than three hours only to decide that they will revisit the issue in a meeting earlier in the coming week.
The disrespectful nature of this act was like a slap in the face of the students, faculty and staff who waited diligently in the meeting room of Kean Hall.
Rumors have been circulating, and confirmed by a member of the Kean Federation of Teachers, that some faculty members are planning on boycotting the commencement ceremony in May if Farahi is still president.
If there are no members of the faculty present at the ceremony, why should the Class of 2012 be present? Students that have worked hard for their possibly worthless degrees deserve to have the support of their professors when they walk across the stage and receive their diplomas.
For professors and members of the KFT to believe that boycotting graduation is what's best for the greater good, it makes students feel like their caught in the middle of a fight between Mom and Dad.
Students are the true victims of the bureaucratic nightmare that is Kean University right now. We are left out of the informational loop, hung out to dry, disregarded and disrespected.
The Board of Trustees and the KFT should remember whose best interest they should be fighting for.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Avoiding Body Drought: Tips to Prevent Dehydration
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge