The new, frightening FX series, "American Horror Story," is a hit
The Harmon family enters The Murder House. Hitflix.com
It's the season to be scared and the awesome, new FX series, "American Horror Story," has arrived just in time to spook and shock you.
The eerie story centers around a family of three forced to move across the country after the therapist husband, Ben Harmon (Dylan McDermott), has an illicit affair and his wife, Vivien (Connie Britton), tragically miscarries their unborn baby.
Disrupted, they leave Boston and purchase a sprawling, restored mansion in Los Angeles. They get an excellent deal on the place because according to the realtor, the previous owners vacated the house due to a murder/suicide. Little do the Harmons know, the house's history is much bloodier and complex than what they think.
The show's range of colorful characters makes for intricate plot twists and thought-provoking story lines.
Such characters include both young and old ghostly maid, Moira; an oddball neighbor, Constance (Jessica Lange), and her Down's syndrome-afflicted daughter, Addie; a horribly burned and disfigured man (Denis O'Hare, of True Blood), who previously owned the house where he set his family on fire; and Tate, a disturbed teen who is a patient of Ben and who is infatuated with his daughter, Violet.
As each scene unfolds, the viewer gets another puzzle piece of the house's murder-ridden history.
The show's loose storytelling and disconnected themes could frustrate the impatient viewer, but its darkly mystifying complexity is so enthralling it undoubtedly makes up for it.
With ghosts and villains creeping out from every corner—bloodied twins like "The Shining", a specter in an S&M suit, a child goblin lurking in the basement and a trio of serial killer groupies that terrorize Vivien and Violet in homage to the house's past - the show will leave you jumping from your seat even after it ends.
Airing Wednesday nights at 10 p.m., this week's installment is part one of a two-part Halloween episode. The second part will air on Nov. 2.
If you have missed the first three creepy installments, FX will air an "American Horror Story" marathon, starting at 10 p.m. on Halloween night.
You can catch the first four episodes, including this week's Halloween offering.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections