Women's Lacrosse beats Manhattanville, 17 - 12
The Kean University Women's Lacrosse team (2-1) scored five straight goals to break a threethree tie and never looked back as they defeated the winless Manhattanville College (0-3), 17-12, on March 9.
Lyndsey Cannon, Julie Knodt and Marisa DeAngelis each scored four goals apiece in the win for Kean. Junior Maggie Howley led the Manhattanville College Valiants with four goals of her own.
The Cougars started the game off with two quick goals, first coming from sophomore Ciara Mastrodomenico followed by a goal from Cannon. After the Valiants tied it at three-all, the Cougars scored five straight as junior Stephanie Tocko scored the first and Knodt finished the run to put Kean ahead, 8-3. The streak ended when Valiant player, Melissa Goncalves, scored a goal just before the half ended. Going into halftime the Cougars had a 8-4 lead.
In the second half with the Cougars ahead, 15-8, the Valiants went on to score four of the game's next five goals, but proved too little too late as Kean held on for the win.
Junior goalie, Jules Keeley, got the win with seven saves while Mary Rose Morrison suffered the loss with seven saves of her own.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age