Smart and Stylish at Kean
An interview with student Felica Muhlhearn, Communication Studies/PR Major.
Q: Where do you shop?
A: I work at a store called Ruby & Jenna and it's AMAZING. I get majority of my clothes from there. Other than that, I love Nordstrom.
Q: What gives you inspiration?
A: If you're looking for inspiration www.lookbooks.com is a great place to find different looks to go for. Also, online shopping can give you ideas for when you actually go shopping in stores so you know what you're looking for and are not so overwhelmed with trying to find a complete outfit.
Q: Who's your style icon?
A: Sarah Jessica Parker. She can pull off anything the right way.
Q: What advice would you give to people?
A: I don't think people should follow the world of fashion to a T otherwise, we would all look the same. Just because there is a major fashion trend going on doesn't mean you have to follow it or even like it. You can put your on twist on it instead so it's more your own style.
Q: What are some go to places for inexpensive chic clothes?
A: The places I shop at are usually in the $20 to $50 range. Ruby & Jenna, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Forever 21, Lulus (online), Ruche (online), and NastyGal (online).
Q: When can you start wearing flip flops?
A: It is safe to say that on a day that is above 70 degrees, flip flops and sandals are acceptable. With the crazy weather lately, it is hard to pin point an exact month.
Q: What do you think is the biggest fashion "don't"?
A: Over doing it! You can't go wrong with being simple, but you can go wrong when you try to do too much all at once.
Q: Do your shoes still have to match your bag or is that old news?
A: That is old news. I wouldn't go crazy trying to match shoes with a bag. With color block being in this season, it's definitely okay to mix SOLID colors, not prints.
Q: What is the newest thing out that you suggest people should wear?
A: Color pants are one of the most popular trends out right now. Designers are putting out more colored bottoms than tops this season. Especially with summer approaching, you should go for a bright colored short or jean for a change and pop of color.
Q: What is the biggest "No, No" out that people shouldn't wear?
A: I wouldn't necessarily say that designers put any major "No, No's" out that aren't just fads. A "No, No" in general that has popped up lately is sneakers. They are strictly for working out and shouldn't be worn as fashion. There are plenty of different kinds of flats that are just as easy and comfortable!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools