The decision has been made. Farahi is staying.
It seems that its all people can talk about now, and why wouldn't they be? It is a decision that affects everyone here.
They've sent out the statements –which have been protested by students, faculty and staff.
What is the next step for Kean?
The first step should be for students to focus on what is important - their studies. Obviously, what the president has done wrong is a factor and should be discussed intelligently, but let's not forget why students are students.
Farahi sent out a statement on Feb. 22 stating that he plans on meeting with "all campus constituencies in an effort to find a common ground."
Also in the statement he said that he hopes to rid the school of the animosity that has been brewing among the campus.
Will students be receptive to Farahi's offer? Will the professors and faculty? Even if they are, will anything change?
Kean won't return to "normal" until all parties involved can reach some kind of mutually beneficial agreement.
Perhaps everyone should keep this in mind, "Part of being a winner is in knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that's more productive." – Donald Trump
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- For Dwight Clark, the Catch Is Chiropractic Care
- Reducing the Likeliness of Back Surgery With Chiropractic...
- Enhancing the Curb Appeal of Your Home
- Maximize Your Teleconferences With Better Tools
- Two Sides of Curb Appeal: Beauty and Performance