Fashion a la carte: Carrot Jeans, Trousers, & Wedgers
Inside Kean Hall. Aaron Mena
Fashion may change depending on the area you are in. I'm currently studying abroad in Europe, and so far it has proven to be a country full of stylish innovators. Whether walking through the halls of school, sightseeing around the city, or hitting up the club, most people seem to "dress to kill."
Image is everything. In only a few weeks time I've noticed cutting edge trends sported by the locals that include: carrot jeans, trousers, & wedges. The law of attraction has forced me on a hunt to find these pieces and share them with you.
Carrot jeans are one of the biggest trends since the 80's takeover. These pants take blue jeans to another level, with an added "scrunchy" embellishment on the bottom. They can be worn with practically anything and add a hipster feel. There's no gender discrimination; so, they are made for ladies as well as gents. Wear them with canvas style slip-on shoes; you'll be relaxed as well as stylish. They don't have to be skin-tight either, so give yourself room and, for a lack of better words, "Let it hang."
Next, we have the trouser pants. These faithful steeds, which have always been fashionable, have revamped over time. They give you a taste of classiness; unless you prefer to wear them with sneakers. In that case, may the fashion fairy guide you on the right path.
To get the European look, think tailored fit. For ladies, whether you're in a skinny, harem, or wide leg cut, make sure the pants fit properly, and are not too snug on the hips.
I do advise you to find a fit that accentuates your physique. Wear them with platform heels; skinny stilettos' don't do them justice.
Always adored and praised for its comfort is the wedge heel. I love them because they give you height as well as that added -umph. Go wild and try them in different prints, colors, and textures. They seem to be a hit with the local scene, especially on cobble stoned streets.
With any trend you decide to try, always add your personal flair and make it "yours." Being a carbon copy of what you see in fashion magazines is never in style; let it influence you but be the originator.
For more, check out:http://thevonimanaffair.wordpress.com/
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses