Talking To The Pros
Have you ever wondered what it would be like having the opportunity to talk to the athlete or celebrity that you admire? For most, it seems like just a dream, but for some it may actually happen.
Like for me.
I was sitting in the UC cafeteria with my laptop, catching up on the latest in sports when the professional NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin appeared on the screen. He was having a live chat with his fans and I figured I'd join in and sent a question.
To my surprise, I got a response.
The one little response from Denny truly made my day, to know he took the time out to respond to his fans.
But that wasn't the end. In fact, the same thing happened with Kasey Kahne, another NASCAR driver.
A few days later, Joey Logano, another professional NASCAR driver, responded as well. Speaking with Logano felt like a one-on-one conversation, like I was just one of his friends. He happens to be one of my favorite drivers so I was excited to hear him answering my questions. Unfortunately, we were not face-to-face but it felt great hearing his voice answering my questions.
Talking to a professional athlete or a celebrity that you admire may seem impossible, but today it can be achieved. You don't have to wait on long lines with millions of people at an autograph session where chances are your time will be rushed and you'll just get one or two words from them.
There are many websites available where athletes and celebrities chat with fans. For example, ESPN hosts several athletes, actors, and journalists who respond to people throughout every day. You may even see your favorite celebrity on their website, hosting a video or audio chat with their fans.
With Twitter becoming a popular spot to find celebrities, you can try to contact them there too. I have heard of many instances where fans receive responses from their idols on Twitter. For example, comedian George Lopez and WWE superstar MVP respond to fans on their Twitter page. George Lopez even posts his fans tweets on his late night show on television.
Talking to the rich and famous isn't impossible; but don't take my advice, try it yourself. You may be surprised to see your question end up on online or television.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More The Tower News Articles
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists