Apple introduces new iPad
With rumors swirling on the internet about a new iPad, Apple has gone ahead and introduced the new iPad, solely called "iPad."
While Apple hasn't made any drastic changes to the iPad, it did add some new features to keep up with the times; features that will surely please the Apple fanboys.
The big change for the new iPad is its 2,048 x 1,536 screen resolution. The dimensions of the screen remain the same, although the thickness is now 0.37 inches. Everything else on the surface remains the same—home button still on the bottom and sleep/lock button on the top.
Another minor change to the iPad is the new 5 megapixel camera. Apple has also added 1080p video recording. The camera on the back of the iPad remains the same.
For the tech geeks, Apple has upgraded the processor to an A5X. The graphics processor has been bumped up to quad-core while the CPU remains dual-core.
And finally, the iPad will be available in a 4G LTE model. The prices for the 16GB, 32GB and the 64GB are $629, $729 and $829, respectively. The new iPad will be available starting March 16th.
In other Apple news, Apple has released iOS 5.1 update. The update has a few small features such as Japanese language support for Siri, redesigned camera app for the iPad and battery life fixes, among other things.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care