Apple introduces new iPad
With rumors swirling on the internet about a new iPad, Apple has gone ahead and introduced the new iPad, solely called "iPad."
While Apple hasn't made any drastic changes to the iPad, it did add some new features to keep up with the times; features that will surely please the Apple fanboys.
The big change for the new iPad is its 2,048 x 1,536 screen resolution. The dimensions of the screen remain the same, although the thickness is now 0.37 inches. Everything else on the surface remains the same—home button still on the bottom and sleep/lock button on the top.
Another minor change to the iPad is the new 5 megapixel camera. Apple has also added 1080p video recording. The camera on the back of the iPad remains the same.
For the tech geeks, Apple has upgraded the processor to an A5X. The graphics processor has been bumped up to quad-core while the CPU remains dual-core.
And finally, the iPad will be available in a 4G LTE model. The prices for the 16GB, 32GB and the 64GB are $629, $729 and $829, respectively. The new iPad will be available starting March 16th.
In other Apple news, Apple has released iOS 5.1 update. The update has a few small features such as Japanese language support for Siri, redesigned camera app for the iPad and battery life fixes, among other things.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Tower News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE TOWER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE TOWER NEWS
- University takes "going digital" to a whole new level
- Halo 4 is almost here
- Artist and teacher's art displayed at Kean's library
- "The Walking Dead:" AMC's TV show returns for season three
- Darius Kinney quietly carries the Kean Cougars
- Who's hot and who's not in Kean Athletics
- Men's and women's soccer final stretch
RECENT THE TOWER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”